Sharing pictures and tagging friends in the pics has been the trend in Facebook from quite some time. Lately, some of your friends might have tagged you to some picture even if you are not in it, or
worse even if they are no people in the pic at all. We would have all wished at some point of time
that there should be a way with which you can easily control and monitor yourself being tagged in
Facebook, I have put across a step by step tutorial just to help you with that.
Step 1: Login to your Facebook Homepage and navigate to Options > Privacy Settings
Step 2: Navigate to the Profile and Tagging description on the page and click on Edit Settings
Step 3: You will get a pop-up window with a lot of options to Control and Monitor tagging. The
options are explained in detail below.
* Who can post on your wall – This is a generic option where you can control who can post on your wall. The options include Friends and No one.
* Who can see what others post on your Profile – Here you can contol who can see the posts on your profile, the posts on your wall made by your friends. The options are Everyone, Friends, Friends of Friends, Only Me or any custom group that you have created in your Facebook Account.
* Review posts that friends tag you in before they can appear in your profile – This is an
interesting feature where the pics that your friends tag you in come for your review, you can choose
whether the pic should or should not appear on your profile. You can also remove your tag from that pic.
* Who can see the pics in which you have been tagged in on your Profile – Here you can contol who can see the pics in which you have been tagged on your profile. The options are Everyone, Friends, Friends of Friends, Only Me or any custom group that you have created in your Facebook Account.
* Review Tags your friends add to your own posts – Here you can monitor and control tags to the pics that you have uploaded. If any of your friends put a tag in the photo that you have uploaded, the tags will come to you first for a review.
* Who sees tag suggestions when photos that look like you are uploaded – Here you can control your own tag suggestions that pop up in your friends profile. You can either enable it for your Friends or No one
Step 3: Save the changes and now you are in complete control and monitoring your tagging on Facebook.
A few more of our popular articles related to Facebook are listed below.