Tutorial By : Abhishek Baikadi
Context menu can also be called as right-click menus . Context menu has different actions , listed in a particular order . The options available depend upon the file type and the installed applications for the file type.
In this tutorial , We explain how you can configure you own context menu or modify the default context menu for a given file type. Lets say, when you right click on a MP3 file, you will see the following context menu.
Just as an example, we will now try to modify this context menu. We will put “Play” as the second option , and “Add to Windows Media Player list” as first.
– Download the default programs editor : Download Link
– Unzip the package , and open Default Programs Editor.exe.
– Take a backup of your registry.
– Click on FileType settings
– Choose Context Menu
– Now choose the type of file you want to change the context menu. Which is .MP3 format
– Now select the Add to media player playlist, Set as default , and Save the context menu.
– Choose it as default and save it.
– Your updated Menu looks like this !
Yeah that’s done …. Now when u double click a MP3 file it just adds up to play list!!!